The Life of a 25 yr old, Single, LDS Male

As of late, I have been trying to enjoy my singleness, or solo-idity if you will. Those of you that view single life as a mere dream that is somewhat of a blur might be wondering what it is you exactly do when you are single. The main advantage of being single is time. Time to do so many things that I would seemingly not be able to do if I was not single. Seeing that my idea of fun isn't getting hammered on Jaeger and chasing after girls, I am forced to come up with more intelligent things to do.

The first great thing about being single and working a 9 to 5, is that right after you get home and finish eating the baseball game is on. I would say that at least 3 out of 5 weeknights are spent watching the Dodger game. Few things make me more happy than sitting down and watching a good ball game.

For those of you that know me at least mildly, know my love for music. So many of my married friends that used to love music as much or nearly as much as I do, either lose interest in music or just don't have time for it anymore. I don't think that will ever happen to me, but I do have to admit that once I am married I will not be able to devote as much time to music as I do now, unless in the event that I find someone like me who is obsessed with music and just happens to have similar taste. Not likely to happen. The past few months I have had the opportunity to see a few shows at the Knitting Factory in LA including Mike Park and Chuck Ragan. I also have a few good shows coming up in August and September. Point being here that I have the chance to pretty much entrench myself in music. Nothing excites me more than finding a new band that absolutely rocks me.

Yes single life does have its disadvantages like the Singles Ward, or anything having to with single mormon activities like dances. Nothing makes me lose hope more than a 4-Square tournament for FHE. But then you also have brief flashes of excellence such as watching your married friends go see Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 while you watch UFC with the boys. Haha.

This is definitely not a knock on being in a relationship or married life because I would welcome both with open arms if the girl was right. Rather its a celebration of what my current situation has to offer. What excites me even more is when I move out from the parents house. Watch out!

5 Comments »

Powered by Blogger Skins. Theme: TheBuckmaker | Free Wordpress Templates. Presents HD TV Futurama Streaming. Featured on Wedding Dresses.