***WARNING: DO NOT PROCEED IF YOU HATE CHEESY SPIRITUAL STUFF!!***

Ok, so my life kind of sucks right now. I'm broke and I don't have job. In church last Sunday, someone baring their testimony mentioned the phrase "take inventory of your lives". Believe me, I am just as surprised as you all are that I actually took something from church. Its a rarity. Anyways, I really liked that phrase. Take inventory of your life. Its so easy to think about all the crap that is going on in your life and how much it sucks. It seems as though my life gets worse on a daily basis. No money. No job. Stacking up bills. Now student loans are knocking at the door. Its hard to not think constantly how much your life sucks at the moment. Take inventory of your life. But really, what does that all add up to? Some figure that will erase when I finally get a job, or a few months after. It basically all boils down to that. Me not having a job. When I think about it that way, its not so bad actually, especially when compared to the blessings I currently have. Take inventory of your life. Count the blessings. As I was laying in bed last night I started to think about all the blessings in my life right now. I'm not going to name all the ones I thought of but there a lot. Seriously...a lot. It got me thinking to how bad my life could actually be, or rather, how bad some other people actually have it. I find it very easy to forget ALL the blessings I have in my life. Its a lot easier to complain. One particular blessing I just want to touch on is friends. I really have some of the best friends a person could ask for. They aren't just people I hang out with. They are people I can talk about life and my future with. People I can talk to about my struggles. Anyways, I am just really thankful for them because they get me through a lot. Chances are if you are reading this then I am talking about you. Except all you weirdo's out there that read my blog that I don't know. Haha.

PS The Dodgers won Game 1 of the NLDS tonight against the Cubs. It marks only the second post-season game they have won since they won the World Series in 2008. Thats something to be thankful for!

4 Comments »

  • great blog. until you got to the dodgers. you had to kill the spirit with that didn't you?
    just kidding. :) friends are awesome. not just superficial lets go play 4 square friends...but the real ones that still talk to you after they get married.

  • Wierdos you don't know that read your blog...are you talking about me reading Fish's blog?? I promised I wouldn't comment anymore!

  • Your blessed in life to have a couple of true friends so your truly blessed

  • Great post Scott! You've just ran into some bad luck...the economy is not on your side right now! It's good to keep positive like you are. It'll all pan out! That's my motto for EVERYTHING, I think Zach gets sick of me saying it, LOL! Miss you. Call me!

Powered by Blogger Skins. Theme: TheBuckmaker | Free Wordpress Templates. Presents HD TV Futurama Streaming. Featured on Wedding Dresses.